Monday, June 25, 2012

Day One

I haven't been happy with my body or who I am for years. I've made changes to my life to try to change my opinion of myself. I've changed who I am and how I look at things in my life, but my opinion of my body remains the same. I started working out and lost weight while gaining confidence. Then I slowly stopped going for one reason or another. I've started gaining the weight back along with losing my confidence. I have a great man that loves me and (he says) he loves the way I look, but I don't love the way I look again.
 I want to be happy for me and feel confident for me again. I want to wear anything I want and feel like I look great, not just another overweight woman thinking she looks good when, in reality, like an overstuffed sausage.
I've decided to make a change. For me and my future. I want to have a long, healthy future for my future family.
 There are health and weight problems on both sides of my family. That means I have a very high chance of being the 300 lbs mother who cannot run around with her children or nieces and nephews. I already have a hard time keeping up with the nieces and nephews.
I take my dog, Chloe, for walks and try to run with her to help get rid of her energy, but I can't do much for long.
So, here is my change. I'm going to start eating healthier. I will start keeping track of my caloric intake and will have some type of exorcise each day, for at least one hour. I can still eat fast food and other unhealthy foods, just in moderation. I was never taught how to eat healthy or eat moderatly. I was always told that I didn't eat enough, even when I was full.
With that in mind, I want to learn good habits now to be able to teach my future children good habits early.
I've already started learning how to budget my money, which I was never taught by my mother or father. It is something that may have helped me years ago... or maybe not.
My life is definitely different now that it was a year ago. My changes are not complete yet though. I've grown and I feel I am more of an adult now than I have ever been. I'm happier and I take care of everything on my own, without the help of anyone (financially speaking).
My loving boyfriend has helped me learn how to make a budget to pay all of my bills and to save money while having money to spend at the same time.
Now, there is something I need to learn on my own. Again... back to food. This is day one of my weight loss plan. I will be tracking my food intake and activities each day and I will check my weight (hopefully) and measurements each week. I'm hoping by keeping track I will stick to it. It supposedly takes 21-28 days to form a habit. Well... here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment